This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps keep my website up and running and is very appreciated. Thank you for your support!
How to focus on self-care when self-isolating at home
Since many of us now have a LOT more free time than usual, why not use it to work on self-care?
In today’s post, I am going to be sharing ways in which I have been taking my self-care to the next level. After all, I have all the time in the world for that now!
Since staying home, I have found that I actually love indulging in self-care activities more than I usually do.
There is so much more time now, I’m not rushed like I normally would be, and it gives me something to do rather than just watching Netflix all day.
So if you’re interested in my quarantine self-care routine and would like to try it out as well, keep on reading!
Pin this post to share with more people! 🤗
How To Step Up Your Self-Care Game
I have put myself into a daily skincare routine ever since I first started staying home.
Here are my steps:
- As soon as I’m up, I head to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. I’m not picky with face cleansers, and at the moment I’m using the Clean and Clear Morning Cleanser.
- I’ve been using the Origins Zero Oil Purifying toner and I love it. It really refreshes my skin and it’s made quite a few nasty breakouts disappear within a couple of days.
- After toning, I go ahead and apply the Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment. Big fan. I love gel creams in the morning, as I have oily skin.
- Lastly, I apply the Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel. Another favorite! I’ve been using this for years now and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
I love practicing mindfulness, and I find that the morning is the perfect time for it.
There are a few things that I like to rotate between every day.
- Journaling: Journaling has been a big part of my life lately. Since I’m not really talking to many people these days, I can, instead, pour my thoughts onto a page. There are also times when I use journaling prompts and write about something different each time. If you are looking for helpful journal prompts you can find some here.
- Meditation: Meditation is another thing I’ve been loving. With so much uncertainty and stress going around these days, meditation helps to clear my head, even if just for a few minutes. If you’ve not tried meditating yet, this might be a good time to start.
- Expressing gratitude: Now more than ever is the time to express gratitude. My heart goes out to all the people who are getting sick or watching their loved ones get sick. Expressing gratitude helps me remember that I truly am blessed and that I have a lot to be thankful for.
Doing yoga or random stretches has been something I really have been enjoying.
I spend a lot of time at my desk, either writing or reading something, so it’s important for me to move my body.
Since we have been strongly advised to stay indoors, I don’t really go out at all. If I do step out of the house, it’s to go get any necessities I need.
Stretching a couple of times a day helps lower stress levels, increases blood flow to muscles, increases your flexibility, and improves your performance in physical activities.
Here are the YouTube channels I have been using to practice yoga:
Because I don’t leave the house much, my body is not getting any Vitamin D. I have resorted to Vitamin D pills, and take one every week. If you’d like to get your own supply of Vitamin D pills, you can get them here.
I also take a multivitamin every day, as well as collagen powder. This is the multivitamin I use, and this is the collagen powder I use.
*Please check with your doctor before adding any vitamins or supplements to your diet.
Since we have SO much free time now, getting creative is an excellent way to pass the time.
I have been reading a lot more than usual, which I absolutely love now that I don’t have to rush it.
I also have been painting using acrylic paints for the first time! It has been years since I have painted anything, and this is my first time using acrylic paints. I absolutely love it.
If you’d like your own acrylic starter kit, you can get one here!
My nighttime skincare consists of a lot more steps these days, and I’m loving it!
The extra pampering at night helps wind me down, and my body knows it’s time to get ready for bed.
I use the same cleanser and toner as mentioned above in my morning skincare portion, but the rest of the steps differ.
After cleansing and toning, I use the Pixi Collagen & Retinol Serum, followed by the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair.
When that’s done, I follow up with the Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Night Creme, and their C-Rush Brightening Gel Creme. Both are products I have completely fallen in love with!
I also use sheet masks every other night which I love! You can get a whole set of sheet masks here.
And that is how I take care of myself during these crazy times!
What have you been doing to take care of your self-care to the next game? Let me know in the comments!
If you enjoyed this post, share it on Pinterest to share it with more people!