This post may contain affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link and purchase something I recommend, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps keep my website up and running and is very appreciated. Thank you for your support!
80 Productive Things To Do When Bored:
How To Beat Boredom with Productivity
We often find ourselves bored and don’t know what to do. In times like these, it’s good to have a few productive things to do to get us out of the state of boredom we’re in.
Instead of binging Netflix all day long, why not try to do a few productive things that will make you feel good and keep you energized?
In this list, I combined 80 things that you can do when you are bored and don’t want to reach for that remote.
I think we can all agree that being productive is better than being lazy, right?
Let’s get to the 80 things to do when you are bored!
No time to read now? Pin this post on productive things to do to read later! 📌
80 Productive Things To Do When Bored
1. Clean your car. A clean car is going to make you feel SO much better when you drive in it again, and you can do it yourself instead of going to a carwash!
2. Make a new playlist. You can also make multiple playlists for different moods!
4. Listen to podcasts. Podcasts are a great way to stay productive and learn new things.
5. Update your resume.
6. Work on learning a new language. Duolingo is a great app for that!
7. Look on Pinterest for inspiration.
8. Go for a walk.
9. Create a vision board. This can be a physical or digital vision board!
10. Journal. Journaling is a great way to release stress and find out more about yourself.
11. Learn about finances. This is SUCH an important skill to have.
12. Read a motivational book. This will help you go after your goals!
13. Paint or draw. YouTube has tons of tutorials!
14. Practice gratitude.
15. Improve flexibility with yoga.
16. Declutter your phone.
17. Start a blog. Here’s how!
18. Bake a cake.
19. Go through your emails. Delete any unwanted emails!
20. Create a bucket list.
21. Organize your drawers.
22. Cook from a new recipe.
23. Redecorate your room. This is always fun and it will keep you busy for a few hours!
24. Clean your makeup brushes.
25. Declutter your makeup collection. Check for any expired products!
26. Learn a new skill.
27. Try a new makeup look.
28. Create new outfits.
29. Organize the photos in your phone into albums.
30. Start a YouTube channel.
31. Work out.
32. Start a bullet journal.
33. Practice meditation.
34. Do an online quiz.
35. Unfollow online accounts that don’t make you feel good. Because why should you follow accounts that don’t do anything good for your self-esteem?
36. Dust off your electronics. Dust loves to settle on electronics, especially those that aren’t moved a lot like TVs and Playstations.
37. Create a five-year plan.
38. Start a free course. There are a ton of those online, and you can add them to your resume!
39. Catch up with a friend.
40. Shop online. Retail therapy is so much better done online than in crowded stores!
41. Work on your Instagram feed. Download the app Preview and play around with the placement of your photos.
42. Discover new music.
43. Try out a new face mask.
44. Have a pamper day.
45. Sell clothes online. You’ll declutter AND make money from it.
46. Create a wishlist.
47. Test out a new hairstyle.
48. Call a grandparent/aunt or uncle.
49. Make your own body scrub and hair mask.
50. Build a puzzle.
51. Plan out your week. Enter your email below to receive a free weekly planner!
52. Paint your nails.
53. Learn a new dance. TikTok is a great place for that!
54. Do your laundry. You may not like it, but you’ll love the feeling of it being done!
55. Write a letter to someone. Bonus points if it’s a handwritten letter.
56. Write 3 short-term goals.
58. Look up yummy recipes online.
59. Go for a car/bike ride.
60. Bake banana bread or cookies.
61. Make money online.
62. Work on your personal development.
63. Plan your next vacation.
64. Set up a life binder.
65. Start scrapbooking.
66. Organize your bills and paperwork.
67. Delete contacts from your phone.
68. Toss out your expired products.
69. Create a meal plan.
70. Watch a TED Talk. There is a TED Talk out there for literally everything.
71. Start working on a new healthy habit.
72. Cancel any unwanted paid subscriptions. I know you have at least one!
73. Use unroll.me to manage your email subscriptions. It can easily unsubscribe you from mailing lists you’re not interested in.
74. Download a new productivity app.
75. Learn 5 new words. Expending your vocabulary is going to make you sound super smart.
76. Decorate your desk.
77. Make an emergency kit. Better to stay prepared!
78. Clean your windows.
80. Change your bed sheets.
I hope you enjoyed this post on productive things to do when you are bored! What do you usually do when you are bored and have nothing to do?
Do you find yourself being productive, or do you scroll Netflix for things to watch time and time again? No judgment here, we all do it from time to time. 😉